EU ALUMNI Community Guidelines
Thank you for being part of the EU ALUMNI Online Community!
This Online Community is a global network for people with a multitude of cultural, ethnic and social backgrounds. This diversity is our strength – to look at the world from different angles, to learn from each other, to get inspired. We warmly invite you to connect with EU Alumni around the world, to listen and share visions, ideas and knowledge, have fun, support each other, and maybe sometimes even take action together for things that matter.
Thus, it is crucial for us to create an environment where all alumni and visitors of our Online Community feel welcome and enjoy the discussions. It is of the utmost importance for us to provide an open, welcoming, trusting and safe experience, free of harassment and hate speech for everyone, regardless of their identity, belief, origin, appearance, class or abilities. We very much encourage you to express different views and opinions, but please do so with full respect to the other members, with transparent intentions, and in appropriate language. We do not tolerate any behaviour that could be perceived as offensive.
We also watch out for any kind of illegal, fraudulent or commercial activity. You must comply to intellectual property rights and must meet the necessary conditions when sharing and publishing third party images or content.
That is why we have established the following rules, which every member must commit oneself to when entering this space. We reserve the right to delete content and suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violates these rules.
- A respectful tone and polite communication are the basis of the EU ALUMNI Online Community. We ask you to avoid inflammatory, insulting or offensive language. Please show respect to other users and the fundamental principles we all share. It is not permitted to bully, threaten or ridicule others.
- Discriminatory, hostile or intimidating messages or language will not be tolerated, whether based on a person’s gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, mental or physical ability, physical appearance, age, race, nationality, religion, belief or way of living.
- It is forbidden to publish or disseminate images, contents or statements that are illegal, insulting, glorify violence, are of a discriminatory or pornographic nature or have other contents that are contrary to morality. Also forbidden are images of violence against human beings or animals, including victims of war or natural catastrophe.
- Do not send messages repeatedly if the addressee has stated that they do not wish this.
- Do not send or organise chain mails, pyramid schemes, competitions, lotteries, gambling games or similar.
- Respect legitimate intellectual property rights, do not plagiarise work and give credit to the originators of ideas.
- It is generally not permissible to register for more than one user account, register for a user account in the name of another person or present oneself as another person and disseminate false statements on oneself and other people.
- When dealing with photographs of people, the subject's consent is needed before publishing.
- Do not publish commercial or political advertisement. Political discourse within the parameters of a democratic society as well as the discussion of political positions and programmes are of course permitted and welcome.
- Private messages are to be treated as confidential. They may only be made public to third parties with the sender’s expressed consent.
- It is not permitted to export, save, edit, change, forward, use commercially or otherwise misuse data manually or automatically for the purpose of data acquisition without permission.
- The disclosure or exchange of passwords, codes and security codes of all kinds are not permitted within the community.
Reporting, Intervention and Consequences
The operators and community managers of the EU ALUMNI Online Community do their best to keep an eye on the appropriateness of our members’ communication. The Community Board may intervene if content or behaviour does not correspond to the above-mentioned criteria of acceptable use of the platform.
However, we depend on your participation: If you experience or witness any violations of the above-mentioned rules or have any other concerns, please contact the EU ALUMNI Community Board or use the “Report”-Button on the top right of every posting. We highly recommend to always take a screenshot as evidence of the incident.
We will respond as promptly as we can. Our Community Board reserves the right to remove content or close discussion threads that breach these guidelines and/or to cancel the registration of any user who grossly or persistently fails to follow them. Reports intended to silence legitimate criticism may be deleted without response.
Our goal is to keep the information on the platform timely and accurate. If errors are brought to our attention, we will try to correct them. However, we accept no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to the information on this platform.