Monday, 28 Jun2021
EURAXESS: Horizon Europe Launch Event ASEAN - Information & Partnering Brokerage
Horizon Europe is the EU’s key funding programme for research and innovation with a budget of €95.5 billion. It will run from 2021 to 2027. The first calls for proposals for collaborative research action are due to be launched in June.
A virtual matchmaking event for research actors from across ASEAN and the European Research Area will be held from 28 to 30 June 2021.
Meet your future research partners for EU-funded research collaborations in four thematic focus areas!
DOWNLOAD OUR EVENT BROCHURE: Horizon Europe Launch Event ASEAN - Information & Networking: BROCHURE
WHICH ARE THE THEMATIC FOCUS AREAS?
Health (AI & Health, Infectious Diseases, Health & Climate Change)
Civil Security for Society (Disaster Management, Pandemic preparedness)
Digital, Industry, Space (Circular Economy)
Climate, Energy, Transport (Green Tech)
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Plenary sessions with European Commission representatives on International Cooperation in Horizon Europe.
- Receive focused briefings on the application modalities for selected Horizon Europe Calls for Proposal.
- 1-1 matchmaking to help you build & expand your international research network.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE?
- Research actors from the public and the private sector across ASEAN and the European Research Area (ERA) are invited to attend. This includes universities, research institutes, industry actors, NGOs etc.
- Participants should have the capacity and intent of joining a Horizon Europe-funded research consortium.
- Registration is free of charge. Seats are limited!
WHICH CALLS WILL BE PRESENTED?
Cluster 1: HEALTH
- HORIZON-HLTH-2021-DISEASE-04-04: Clinical validation of artificial intelligence (AI) solutions for treatment and care
- HORIZON-HLTH-2021-DISEASE-04-07: Personalized medicine and infectious diseases: understanding the individual host response to viruses (e.g., SARS-CoV-2)
- HORIZON-HLTH-2021-ENVHLTH-02-03: Health impacts of climate change costs and benefits of action and inaction
- HORIZON-HLTH-2022-DISEASE-07-01: Support for the functioning of the Global Research Collaboration for Infectious Disease Preparedness (GloPID-R)
Cluster 3: CIVIL SECURITY FOR SOCIETY
- HORIZON-CL3-DRS-2021-01-07: Improved international cooperation addressing first responder capability gaps
- HORIZON-CL3-DRS-2021-01-06: Fast deployed mobile laboratories to enhance situational awareness for pandemics and emerging infectious diseases
- HORIZON-CL3-DRS-2021-01-08: Enhanced situational awareness and preparedness of first responders and improved capacities to minimise time-to-react in urban areas in the case of CBRN-E-related events
Cluster 4: DIGITAL, INDUSTRY AND SPACE
- HORIZON-CL4-2021-TWIN-TRANSITION-01-14: Deploying industrial-urban symbiosis solutions for the utilization of energy, water, industrial waste and by-products
- HORIZON-CL4-2021-TWIN-TRANSITION-01-17: Plastic waste as a circular carbon feedstock for industry (IA)
- HORIZON-CL4-D5: Strategic autonomy in developing, deploying and using global space-based infrastructures, services, applications and data 2021
Cluster 5: CLIMATE, ENERGY AND MOBILITY
- HORIZON-CL5-2021-D2-01-08: Emerging technologies for a climate neutral Europe
- HORIZON-CL5-2021-D3-02-02: Next generation of renewable energy technologies
- HORIZON-CL5-2021-D6-01-10: Testing safe lightweight vehicles and improved safe human-technology interaction in the future traffic system
WHO ARE THE SPEAKERS?
LIST OF SPEAKER TO FOLLOW SHORTLY
WHERE WILL THE EVENT TAKE PLACE?
- This event will be hosted on the Hopin platform and simulates a virtual conference.
- The platform offers various opportunities for engagement with and between the participants.
- Participation in the event is free of charge.
- You can find en explanatory video of the platform here.
EXPAND YOUR RESEARCH NETWORK - MATCHMAKING
- Expand your global network of research collaborators from Europe and ASEAN
- Meet research actors from the private and the public sector
- Hold one-on-one meetings to explore synergies
- Pair up with other attendees as many times as you like during the event
FAQ: HOW DOES MATCHMAKING WORK?
Q: What is Networking/Matchmaking and how does it work?
A: The Networking area is the place for automated one-on-one meetings. In the networking segment, when someone clicks the Ready button, the system automatically pairs you up with someone else who has also clicked the Ready button. This match is paired randomly. If both parties are available, the two are matched instantly and the video chat begins and lasts for 3 minutes.
Q: How many times can an attendee be paired in networking during an event?
A: Attendees can pair with other attendees as many times as possible during the event.
Q: How long does one networking meeting last?
A: We have set up the duration to the maximum 180 seconds per pairing.
Q: What if I want to extend the meeting, can I do that?
A: Absolutely! You can extend the meeting by clicking the Extend button. As the button is clicked, the other participant will receive a notification to confirm if they wish to extend the meeting. The extra time equals another 180 seconds which is the default duration.
HOW DO I REGISTER AND ATTEND?
- This event is free of charge!
- Registration is open until 25 June 2021.
- Register as a user in the Hopin platform. Visit https://hopin.com – Login (if you already have an account) or Sign Up to the platform.
- Fill in your particulars.Your account is created. Click on the profile tab on the left side.
- Fill in your name, bio and if you wish your profile picture. This will be seen by the other attendees, organizers and speakers. You may also wish to include your email address and company profile and social media handles.
- Your account is ready. Please click on our event link to register, choose the ticket and click Checkout
- You are now successfully registered to the event. Check the Schedule. Save the events to your calendar so you do not miss anything.
- Take note of where the activities will be conducted (Stage, Sessions, Networking, etc. please look at the left-hand side of the screen.)
- ENJOY, LEARN about the PROGRAMME and NETWORK!
ORGANISERS & CONTACT
This event is organised by EURAXESS Worldwide ASEAN with the support of the European Commission.
More info and registration: Horizon Europe Launch Event ASEAN - Information & Partnering Brokerage | EURAXESS (europa.eu)