Thursday, 27 May2021
Launch of Horizon Europe 2021 - 2027 in the United States
Organised by EU Delegation to the U.S.
Horizon Europe, the European Union’s new research and innovation program, is the largest multinational research program in the world.
Join us on May 27 to learn about Horizon Europe and the opportunities it offers to US researchers, innovators and institutions.
The $116 billion (€95.5 billion) Horizon Europe program will run from 2021-2027, and in addition to funding bottom up research, is designed to focus on some of the world's biggest challenges, from cancer and climate change, to the health of our cities and food supplies. It offers U.S. researchers the possibility to collaborate with large European projects, as well as to apply for generous grants available to individuals interested in spending part of their careers in Europe. It also presents opportunities for entrepreneurs and innovators with breakthrough, disruptive ideas interested in scaling them up in Europe.
• Stavros Lambrinidis, Ambassador of the European Union to the US
Presentation of Horizon Europe
• Jean-Eric Paquet, Director-General for Research and Innovation, European Commission
• Patrick Child, Deputy Director General, Implementation, Impact and Sustainable Investment Strategies, Directorate-General for Research and Innovation, European Commission
• Irene Norstedt, Director, Health Research, Directorate-General for Research and Innovation, European Commission
• John Bell, Director, Healthy Planet, Directorate-General for Research and Innovation, European Commission
• Waldemar Kuett, Director, European Research Council, TBC
• Maria Cristina Russo, Director for International Cooperation, Directorate-General for Research and Innovation, European Commission