The Delegation of the European Union to the United States and the Atlantic Council invites you to
the EU-U.S. Future Forum (EUFF)
5-7 May 2021
A unique convening of leaders and stakeholders in dialogue to develop a new transatlantic agenda and momentum for EU-U.S. cooperation.
The EU-U.S. relationship is one of America’s greatest assets. In a time of global recovery and transition, this 70-year partnership serves as a foundation on which the EU and the U.S. can foster collective security and prosperity. Join us as we celebrate the successes of the EU-U.S. relationship and look to the next seven decades together.
Anchored by a series of high-level dialogues between EU and U.S. officials on the themes defining the transatlantic relationship, the Forum affirms the founding principles and ideas of the transatlantic community and adapts them for the new internal and external challenges ahead. The program will include a combination of moderated discussions, interviews, keynote addresses, and storytelling highlights that share expert insights, tackle problems, generate new ideas, and help to identify policy recommendations. This high-profile event explores the most important elements of the EU-U.S. relationship, including the coronavirus recovery, trade, foreign and security policy, technology and the digital transition, research and innovation, common values, and climate change.
Confirmed speakers (with more to come):
- Annalena Baerbock, Co-Leader and 2021 Chancellor Candidate, Alliance 90/The Greens
- Thierry Breton, European Commissioner for the Internal Market
- António Costa, Prime Minister of the Portuguese Republic
- Jennifer Granholm, U.S. Secretary of Energy
- Věra Jourová, Vice-President for Values and Transparency, European Commission
- H.E. Margaritis Schinas, European Commission Vice-President for Promoting our European Way of Life
- Kadri Simson, European Commissioner for Energy
- Dubravka Šuica, Vice-President for Democracy and Demography, European Commission
- H.E. Olivér Várhelyi, European Commissioner for Neighbourhood and Enlargement
For more information, please visit the Atlantic Council(link is external). Follow the conversation on Twitter with @EUintheUS and @ACEurope using the hashtag #EUFF2021.
More details and registration: EU-U.S. Future Forum 2021 - European External Action Service (europa.eu)